"Great news, now we can plan for the move in 2018 and that will include working closely with all interested groups to ensure the greater community needs are met" - John Laurenson
"Educating boys towards Excellence"
To provide a balanced and supportive environment in which all students can pursue personal excellence in academic, cultural and sporting endeavours.
In line with the above, Shirley’s guiding philosophy ‘Better than Before (BTB)’ is reinforced by ‘The Shirley Way’ which incorporates the following five pillars:
- Lifelong learning
- Personal Excellence
Over the years Shirley Boys’ has established a reputation within its community for academic, cultural and sporting excellence. The school achieves outstanding NCEA results as shown in the graph below for 2012:
ERO (Education Review Office) visited Shirley Boys’ in August 2012 to carry out their cyclical review of the school. Their report, available on their website was extremely positive, including comments such as:
- Strong professional leadership provided by the headmaster and senior leaders
- Effective school-wide systems and organisation, including pastoral-care systems
- A strong school vision, culture and spirit of mutual respect
- A widespread willingness to innovate and accept change
- Sound internal reporting practices, for instance from departmental heads